Thursday, September 24, 2009

Mt. Athabasca Silverhorn with Eric.

Eric joined me from Boulder, Colorado on Monday for an ascent of Mt. Athabasca. Eric has climbed extensively around the world and was a pleasure to climb with.



Eric about halfway up the Silverhorn on Mt. Athabasca.

After a 4:00am start we quickly made our way to the base of the Silverhorn and began our ascent. The climb went smoothly and despite windy conditions, the view from the summit was a good as I've ever seen it. On the descent down the ramp route the fresh snow from the day before was getting really sticky which made for slow travel as our crampons continually balled up. I think it was the stickiest snow I have ever encountered in the mountians! Despite that, we made good time and were back at the car by mid-afternoon.

I hope Eric & his wife enjoy the rest of their trip to the Canadian Rockies and I hope to climb with him again in the future!

J. Mills
CRAG Owner & Head Guide
http://www.cdnalpine.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment