Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Back on the ice!

After an amazing honeymoon to the Nepal Himalaya's and the beaches of Thailand, I am back in the Rockies and psyched for a great ice season! From what I've seen so far, it looks like a good ice year with above average quantities of ice.


Holeczi at the base of Lesson's of Oka.

Yesterday I swung the picks for the first time this season with Steve Holeczi, and Steve Swenson up by Murchison Falls (WI4). Steve Swenson is one of the world's most accomplished Himalayan climbers, and it was neat to talk with him about the Himalayas after just having been there.

We started out with the steep ice of My Daddy's a Psycho (WI5) which is in fat shape this year but still has some steep and challenging ice. Afterwards we moved over to Lesson's of Oka (WI4, 5.8) which none of us had ever done before but proved to be a fantastic bit of mixed climbing up an icy corner with OK gear.

Once I have my photo's organized I will post a gallery of Himalayan peaks for you to drool over!

J. Mills
CRAG Head Guide
www.cdnalpine.com

No comments:

Post a Comment